We could explore the many facets of Leonardo da Vinci as an artist, inventor, scientist, and genius all year long (and more!). Leonardo was a true Renaissance man, that’s for sure. But this 8-week session will focus on the way science and art worked together for many of Leonardo’s greatest works. Facts about Leonardo’s life and interests will serve as kicking off points for our studies of his works of art and science and how they intersect. We’ll then create our own artwork and inventions based on Leonardo’s.
Activities may include:
– Studying Leonardo’s notebooks and the unique ways he recorded his observations and findings
– Exploring how science and math can be used to make great art
– Recreating some of Leonardo’s inventions
– Studying and applying the use of perspective and vanishing point in landscape or city scenes
– Learning the ratio of human proportions through Leonardo’s Vetruvian Man
It is unlikely that this will be the last study group to focus on Leonardo da Vinci since his works and insights have so much to offer us as learners and human beings.