11:00 – 12:00
ages 5+, 8+, 10+
This study group will work for all ages because it is formatted to be a workshop. Everyone will be working on their own projects with the guidance and mentorship of the instructors. When whole-class material is presented, there will be two age groups.
All it takes to make a museum of natural history is four departments: zoology, botany, geology and anthropology. Zoology is the study of animals and animal life, while anthropology is the study of humans, past and present. Geology is the study of the earth and rocks, and botany is the study of plant life. We’ll learn more about these four branches of the natural sciences and then choose unique ways to represent them in our own – portable! – natural history museums.
Designed for children who can:
- listen quietly and discuss the information presented
- use age-appropriate motor control to construct the projects presented
- follow directions
- work in a pair or a small group
- understand and make connections based on the theories presented
- self-direct themselves to some extent … take off with a project with guidance and make decisions about what they want to learn and create
Materials fee = approximately $15 per child to be paid directly to the instructor in CASH on the first day of the session